Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rosalind Gardner On John Reese

Whilst I was doing some research today I came across this article by Rosalind Gardner about a video that John Reese recently published to his blog a few days ago. He disputes the widely held notion that marketers must pursue multiple streams of income (MSoI) in order to succeed.Although he’s taken a lot of flack for this position, I am in total agreement.The biggest problem that I encounter with most new marketers in this industry (besides the fact that they don’t build lists) is that they don’t focus on getting the first site right - dare I say ‘perfect’ - or at least to the point where the site is earning a significant chunk of change before they move on to the next project.Too often they have an internet marketing site and their kitty site and their fashion blog and their credit card site and in most cases, not one of the site is generating affiliate commissions.To drive the point of FOCUS home during client consultations, I simply refuse to discuss or review more than one website. Work on the first one, get back to me when all the changes are made and IF everything is done, THEN we’ll discuss the second site.

technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: